COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device and your use of that device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site (“Device Information”).
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
“Cookies”: Data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files”: Files that track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels”: Electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you register or create an account on the Site, make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase, or otherwise make enquiries through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, email address, and phone number) (“Order Information”).
HOW YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS USED
We use the Order Information that we collect generally for our business functions and activities, which may include the following purposes:
- to provide you with the information, products or services you have requested;
- to process and fulfil any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations);
- communicate with you and respond to your enquiries;- screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect for the following purposes:
- to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address); and
- to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Additionally, we will use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to protect the copyright, trademarks, legal rights, property or safety of Moët, its customers and third parties;
- to comply with regulatory and other legal requirements; and
- for any other use required or permitted by law, including the Privacy Act 2020 (New Zealand) (“Privacy Act”), or any other purposes communicated to you at the time that the Personal Information was collected or for which you provided your consent.
If you do not provide us with certain kinds of Personal Information, we may not be able to provide you with certain products or services or process or fulfil your order.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties (including service providers) and our related companies, to help us use your Personal Information for the purposes described above.
- We use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We may also disclose your information to our service providers based overseas, including but not limited to Canada and the United States. To the extent required by applicable law, we will take appropriate measures to ensure adequate protection of your Personal Information when it is disclosed to a foreign person or entity.
Finally, we may also disclose your Personal Information as required in order to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights. We may also disclose your Personal Information to third parties where permitted or required by the Privacy Act.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
YOUR RIGHTS OF ACCESS AND CORRECTION
You may have the right to request access or correction of Personal Information that we hold about you and may do so by using the information in the 'Complaints/Contact Us' section below.
DATA RETENTION AND SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. Note that we may use overseas facilities to store and process your Personal Information.
We will only retain your Personal Information for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which that Personal Information was collected, and to the extent permitted by applicable laws.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18.
COMPLAINTS / CONTACT US
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at or by mail using the details provided below:
Moët Hennessy New Zealand
162-168 Parnell Road
We will endeavour to respond to any question, complaint or request for access or correction of Personal Information within a reasonable period. If you are not satisfied with our response you may seek a review by contacting the Office of the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner using the information available at https://www.privacy.org.nz/.